INTERNSHIP Exhibition management and production
Through thematic or monographic exhibitions, the Design Museum Brussels examines the production of design and its impact on society and our daily lives. This involves a historical, social, cultural and political approach to design and its main trends. The museum hosts and (co)produces exhibitions linked to our collections with the aim of developing a unique and inclusive narrative for all our audiences. The museum also pays special attention to graphic design and its history as a field. At the heart of the European Union, the museum also aims to be a showcase for young European design.
The intern (m/f/x) is in direct contact with the exhibition manager and assists her in her duties related to exhibition preparation and production:
- Participating in the logistics of the exhibition (updating lists of exhibits, correcting texts and cartels, collecting and organizing documentation,...)
- Assist in building and dismantling exhibits (transporting and moving exhibits, following up on work, lighting exhibits, general maintenance of exhibit areas)
- You are enthusiastic, independent, dynamic, versatile and organized
- You can work well as part of a team
- You are interested in scenography and setting up exhibitions
- You have a good command of IT tools (Pack Office, Adobe Suite, 3D modeling software)
- You are bilingual (FR/NL) or have a good knowledge of FR
You are a student is the 4e or 5e year of a university program (in the field of culture, art or cultural management) or a design program.
Full-time (Monday to Thursday)
Internship of at least 3 months
As soon as possible
Send us a short cover letter and your CV by e-mail to infodesignmuseumbrussels